scribbles, revelations, and rants

My sound-off board. For anyone that may care enough to read, and if nobody does, then I'm cool with it. Mindy Kaling stole my ideal idea.

Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Je Prefere
I like my pasta al dente and my bananas slightly brown. I like my tea strong and my music happy. Movies, I take long, dramatic, and sad, and I don't like coffee I find much too sweet. I like pears to be soft, and peas to be raw. Walks and summers should be long and unhurried. I like my paperbacks fat, my orange juice without pulp, and my days to be leisurely, yet busy, if that makes any sense at all


Angels in America:

I am obsessed crazy in love. I am sad I never saw it on the stage and dazzled by it on the screen. I am in love with everyone. Even Al Pacino. Especially Al Pacino.

Patrick Wilson with no clothes on. Now there's something to see.

I have no words, really. I have none. I can not articulate its greatness. Every scene, every minute. I could not stop watching. I could not get up to go to the bathroom. I could not breathe properly, for most of those six hours.

What happens between Louis and Joe is one of the hottest love scenes I have ever seen on screen. They are fully-clothed. There is no actual sex depicted. It is a miracle.

There is that wonderful moment that's in the trailer, when Joe touches Louis's face, and he says, "I'm going to go to hell for this." And what you don't see is the line that comes next, which is the best line in the whole six hours. Louis shrugs and says, "Are you kidding? It couldn't be any worse than New York."

All hail Tony Kushner. And the white cracker who wrote the National Anthem and put the note on freedom so high that no one could reach it...


Theatre geek, I am: Check off Gypsy and thoroughly Modern Millie off my list. Saw both, each equally brilliant.

Bernadette Peters brings this air of femininity and sexuality to Mama Rose, a femininity that I've never seen any other actress bring to that character. She is dainty and elegant and poised as she is daunting and spirited. That voice is just the icing on the cake. Any woman who could pull off that role and pull it off well gets brownie points from me for sure.

Millie was so adorable and so so so enchanting. Much funnier and wittier than I expected it to be. I would recommend it to anyone.

Still on my list:
-Wicked
- Hairspray
- The Producers
- Avenue Q
- Little Shops of Horrors
- Phantom of the Opera
- The Boy from Oz


Who wants to go? I have coupons!

On a more random note, there is no telling of the amount of joy an iPod can bring. this i learned over this winter vacation.

more later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home