scribbles, revelations, and rants

My sound-off board. For anyone that may care enough to read, and if nobody does, then I'm cool with it. Mindy Kaling stole my ideal idea.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Before I commence writing my first legitimate post since blowing the dust off of this thing and resurrecting it in all of it's self-absorbed, self-serving glory, let me first state that this blog is a work in progress. There are no links at the side of the page, and it kills me. I don't even know if I like this template.

But I digress, so here we go!

For my first post, there is no other subject as worthy as the new makeup that I bought over this past weekend. My friend Marianna, who always looks so effortlessly and maddeningly gorgeous no matter what, came with me to the mall to the Bare Escentuals store. Because I am pretty much mesmerized by the look of her makeup whenever I see her, of course I would want to try to emulate it. Well. Apparently, they make this shit out of crushed minerals from the earth. And apparently, it has changed my life thus far, within a mere past three days.

It's a powder that goes on like a liquid foundation. Only, it doesn't feel like a liquid. With liquid, it sometimes felt too thick. By the end of the day, it would wear thin and the blemishes on my face from my wonderful bout with early-teen acne would rear their ugly, purple, blotchy heads. Not now. At the end of the day, when taking my makeup off, my skin felt like it always did...like skin. Now, like silk (and it's clear, too!). Whatever they are putting in those little powder pots is like a miracle dust. Fairy dust. It is awesome. I can't wait to go back and try their blushes, eyeshadows, and lipsticks.

I would urge any female to go investigate. The genius can be found here: http://bareescentuals.com

If there is no BE store near you, Sephora sells it. I would advise that you start off buying The Starter Kit (which I did). The sales reps at the actuals BE stores will show you how to put the makeup on. Forget anything you've learned in the past, it is a whole new process (though its not hard, it just takes practice). However, if you are rendered to buy it at a Sephora, the Starter Kit comes with an instructional DVD (crazy, right?)

Run, don't walk. You will thank me. I know you will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home