scribbles, revelations, and rants

My sound-off board. For anyone that may care enough to read, and if nobody does, then I'm cool with it. Mindy Kaling stole my ideal idea.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

I am at work and I had a beer on my lunch break at the BrewHouse down the street. Whenever I do this, I always wind up kicking myself because alcohol makes me sleepy. Any alcohol, doesn't matter what it is, doesn't matter what time of day it is. All I want to do right now is curl up in my bed in my air conditioned room with my dogs and take a long, much-needed nap. But no, I am stuck here, having to do DNA extractions and reading electrophoresis gels.

I am so busy lately that I feel like I don't have time to just be. I can't remember the day where I woke up in the morning and was like, "I have nothing planned for today." Must have been months ago.

I saw Passing Strange and it was just as fabulous as everyone says it is and as I hoped it would be. Student rush is amazing and I can't believe I've never tried it before. And then I saw Patti Lupone in Gypsy, and I have to say her Mama Rose kicks the living shit out of Berndatte Peter's.

You know what I hate? When people chat during Broadway shows. Feel free to add their own commentary. Leave their phones on. Text. You know what I hate even more? When said people are the people that you came with and you become embarrassed to be sitting next to them.

Melissa, I'm sticking with you for shows from now on. That's a promise.

I really want to see Hair. But there's no way in hell I am sleeping on a sidewalk, and if I buy a ticket, it will seriously break the bank. I just sent in a huge check to school for tuition. It sucks to see your entire life savings go from an amount you can be proud of to an amount you had three years ago.

I am taking two vacations this summer before I leave because who the hell knows when I am going to be able to take an actual vacation again. Miami with Eric for four nights. Then I come home, work for two days (I don't have enough time off to take those days off, too), re-pack, and then I'm off to Cancun for six nights with Gabby and my aunt. All inclusive. I am just going to sit by the pool and drink and sleep in the sun. I cannot wait.

The day I come back is The Little Mermaid for Gabby's birthday.

The new David Sedaris is sitting on my night table, waiting for me when I get home. I can't wait to run home and read it. I loved The Road, sobbed like a little bitch at the end. It was my first McCarthy book, and from reading it, you could see why No Country for Old Men was shot the way that it was. The droll, dragging narrative and simplistic sentence structure. It was brilliant. His masterpeice, no doubt.

I have been researching Grenada and all that their is to do there. Snorkeling on the weekends sounds amazing. I want to get certified in scuba while I'm there. Parasailing? Yes, please. I love the water, have always been a water baby.

I want to write more but I'm so tired.

1 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

let us do these things in grenada when i am there! okay, well pending school work for you of course. i am going to bring a suitcase of just books for you to catch up on, and books for me to read while youre being studious. i am amped. and i need to visit the road. have heard such fabulous things about it.

June 15, 2008 at 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home